SEAMEO RIHED has played a key role in empowering higher education institutions to embrace the challenges offered by the globalized education world. Recently, the internationalisation of higher education appears as a major challenge and internationalisation management becomes a mechanism in building capacity of higher education institutions. The promotion of internationalisation of higher education institutions could be achieved through mechanism as 1 ) student and academic mobility; 2 ) Trans-border and off-shore education; 3 ) Teaching and learning; 4 ) Internationalising Curriculum; and 5 ) Research collaboration.
In this regard, the study visit programme to Australia aims to promote and to support the internationalisation mechanism in Southeast Asian higher education institutions through opportunities of getting insight into the outstanding practices on internationalisation management of governmental organizations and higher education institutions in Australia as well as an interactive learning and a network establishment.
The study visit to Australia is in collaboration with the Australian Education International (AEI),The Australian Embassy, Thailand.
- To provide opportunities for the university executives in Southeast Asian countries to meet and exchange ideas and information on internationalisation management with universities in Australia.
- To empower university executives in promoting and managing internationalisation management of higher education institutions.
Study Visit to Australia
No. Dates Theme 1 20-26 May2012 The Study Visit Programme onInternationalisation Management forHigher Education Institutions: TheAustralian Experience
· Department of Industry , Innovation , Science , Research and Tertiary Education ( DIISRTE )
· Australia's national university
· Universities Australia
· Monash University
· Swinburne Institute of Technology
· University of Technology , Sydney
· University of New South Wales
The Study Visit Programme onInternationalisation Management forHigher Education Institutions: TheAustralian Experience